Anyone can buy media; right?! At PMG we answer that with a profound – right! The real question is can anyone get results? We answer that with a profound- NO! Media buying isn’t just about just about GRPS’s, CPP’s, CPM’s and impressions, it’s about the consumer. Knowing who they are, how they are engaging and where to find them efficiently. So, not everyone can buy media right – in our humble opinion.
What Is Media Buying?
PMG believes that buying media is highly personal. The more we and our partners understand the goals, the more they can be proactive and, when necessary, reactive. Examples of this could be, utilizing our experience through endorsements and testimonials to build buzz and credibility with the consumer. Tying into the fabric of the media to connect with the listener or viewer at another level; we understand how to work with media to engage consumers and build connections.
We treat the media as a partner, instead of a commodity or a vendor. We use partnership-based buying principles to secure value-added promotions. We think strategically, both long-term and short-term, but are nimble enough to adjust as needs, goals or the environment change. As your media team, we will be as topical and timely in our approach and ideas as the market and consumers expect us to be.
Why Is Media Buying Important to Your Business Growth?
PMG buys people (your consumers), not numbers. We take a targeted approach when reaching consumers through both qualitative and quantitative research. Our approach is less about mass, when possible, and more about how to engage the individual consumer.
Taking the right media approach gains several benefits for you, including that it:
- Helps you use established ad platforms to reach your target audience
- Gives you more time to focus on improving your business and meeting the needs of your customers
- Cuts costs because you don’t have to re-invent the advertising channel or own and manage it
- Provides an opportunity to reach a very large audience and capture many leads in a short time
What Are the Stages Involved in Media Buying?
The main steps in the process of media buying include the following:
- Identify the target market: Who do you want to reach? Who is your ideal customer?
- Research your target market: Identify the characteristics, behavior and demographics of your market. Answer questions like, “Are my target consumer’s TV watchers? Which channels do they watch and at what time? Where can I find them online?”
- Set KPI’s: What key performance indicators do you expect from this marketing campaign? Are they realistic?
- Create a strategic plan: Determine where you’ll buy the media and decide on the price and timing.
Benefits of Media Buying Services
If you’re like most small and mid-sized business owners, you’ll be extremely busy trying to attend to clients. So, you may be better off working with a media buying service like PMG. A good agency will help you maximize the returns from your ad campaign.
Here are some of the key benefits of working with a media buying and planning agency:
- Market expertise: You can choose a company that understands your market deeply and has extensive experience in your industry. A company that knows how to manage digital, print and TV ad campaigns in your local area will ensure your ads bring in the expected ROI.
- Cost savings: Professional media buyers will be able to negotiate much lower rates because they bring many ads to the media company every month. So, you’ll also gain access to low rates, solid added value, and terms that you can’t get by going to the media company alone.
- Efficient use of ad space: In addition to extensive market knowledge, agencies do extensive research. They have access to up-to-date data on the effectiveness from digital to social, and from social to traditional media ad placements. Therefore, they can help you optimize your ad campaign by choosing the channels that will offer the best results while you focus on converting the leads coming in.
We Buy Media that GETS RESULTS
At Platinum Marketing Group, we concentrate solely on effective media strategies, which has given us extensive knowledge of all media. We can purchase your targeted program in any market. In addition, we work in all categories and have extensive experience in Health Care, Home Improvement, Automotive, and Higher Education. We’ve partnered with creative and branding firms all over the country as an extension of their media strategy, and we’ll partner with you as well to help your business gain the success it deserves.
Call us for a list of references at 513-474-3537 or contact us online for a free consultation today.