4 Ways Video Marketing Can Help Your Business
The most important social media or content marketing strategy for your business today is video marketing. In fact, digital marketing expert James McQuivey estimates that a single minute of video content is the equivalent of 1.8 million words. Social media videos on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Snapchat are attracting millions of views every day!
Why Video Marketing is Important for Your Overall Content Marketing Strategy
According to HubSpot, 80% of customers remember a video they’ve watched in the last month. One of the biggest strengths of video marketing is that it’s highly visual and auditory, which means it’s easier for many users to remember than text-based content. When customers remember your video marketing content, they also remember your brand, which translates to more sales and leads for you.
By 2019, video is projected to claim more than 89% of all web traffic. The average internet user spends 88% more time on a website with video and 50% of mobile traffic is used on videos. It is naturally engaging and, in an age of information overload, it’s vital for businesses to offer content that is easy to digest; if not, consumers will simply move on.
So, whatever you’re selling, you must develop social media video content to boost engagement and increase sales. Here are the benefits of marketing content with video and some tips on how to use social media videos for your business:
1. Increase Your Conversions and Sales
Adding more videos to your social media channels will make you more money. For instance, you can increase conversions by creating more social media videos for your marketing plan. Capture more leads by adding a product video to your landing page or by including a tab for videos on your Facebook page.
Some of the proven ways to increase conversions with videos include:
- Adding a link to a video in an email to increase click-throughs
- Creating an explainer video for a complex product or service
- Adding more humor to your product videos
- Adding video testimonials to social media accounts
2. Build Trust and Credibility With Your Audience
Trust helps you increase your sales. But trust is even more valuable because it helps you build long-term relationships. It also makes it easy for people to refer you to their friends and family and spread the good word about your business.
Video marketing is an excellent way to build trust by:
- Engaging your audience and sparking emotional triggers that make them want to buy from you
- Connecting with people through Webinars
- Eliminating the prospects’ fears with personalized, conversational videos that showcase products being used
3. Videos Perform Well on Google
Google loves videos because they increase the amount of time visitors spend on a website. They also explain concepts better than plain text or static images. So, you’re more likely to rise in Google’s search rankings if you have a video embedded on your website:
- Use your YouTube channel to store a library of marketing videos
- Encourage people to subscribe to your YouTube channel
- Use your videos to move people through the buying cycle
- Create more content and optimize your videos for SEO
- Add a link to your website in your video description
4. Videos and Video Ads Convert Well on Facebook
Facebook has modified their site’s rules to bump video content in their news feed. This has encouraged marketers to produce better videos more often. You can either provide videos for your fans or do paid video ads. To increase your success with video marketing on Facebook:
- Use humorous videos, provide DIY tips and record unboxing videos
- Use the Facebook Live feature as often as you can
- Produce more one-minute videos to sustain viewer interest
- Put your best into the first three seconds of each video
- Add compelling captions to draw the attention of more viewers
Choose PMG for Your Next Video: Performance Luxus Rivercenter
For our client, Performance Lexus Rivercenter, we decided to produce a fun video to share online for customer appreciation day. It features customers receiving rides in the Lexus LFA (Nurburgring Edition) sports car. The price tag on this car almost reaches $500,000. This video was a great way to share facts about the car, show fun moments with their customers, while promoting the Performance Lexus Rivercenter luxury brand. This campaign generated over 36,000 views and reached 50,000 consumers in our target audience.
At Platinum Marketing Group, we understand you may need help producing videos that’ll increase conversions and sales. We’ve been doing this for our clients, and we can provide the same amazing service to you. Give us a call at 513-474-3537 to discover how you can create a video that’ll go viral and increase your sales today.