Email Marketing: Should I Use it for My Business?
Email marketing has been an effective tool for keeping in touch with customers and building trust and credibility. With the constant rise in the use of smart mobile devices, the effectiveness of email has also increased.
If you think email marketing is dead, here are some stats to show you that you should be paying more attention to it:
- Email offers an average return of over $40 for each dollar spent.
- Email drives more sales than social media and display ads for Black Friday sales.
- More than 2.5 billion people worldwide use email.
- More than 77 percent of customers in a survey preferred email for marketing communication.
- Seven out of ten people respond and redeem email marketing promotions.
Now that you have these stats, you know that email is not dead. Here’s a brief summary of what email is, why it’s so important for your business and how you should use it to increase your sales.
What Is Email Marketing?
It’s the use of email for promoting your products and services and building your brand. But today, email marketing has changed slightly from strictly a channel for promoting products to a medium for building relationships and trust with your prospects and clients.
Email marketing is a major aspect of internet marketing, and it works hand-in-hand with all types of promotional strategies for your business website and social media pages. When it’s used correctly, email marketing enables you to keep your customer informed about your business and even personalize your message to make it more specific to the needs of various segments of your audience.
Why Use Email Marketing?
Email marketing offers many benefits to your business. You can track your campaigns and ensure that you’re achieving the desired results. The main reasons you should use email marketing include the following:
- Build credibility: Email offers you unlimited opportunities to provide valuable information to your audience, build trust and display your expertise. This tool makes it easier for people to respond to a sales pitch.
- Reach your customers round the clock: Now that smartphones make it possible to receive email messages instantly, you can be sure that most emails sent during the day will be read by your customers.
- Ensure delivery: You don’t want to depend on social media platforms or search engines because your website or marketing messages may be filtered out by various changes in their algorithms. With email, your message will reach your audience directly.
- Integrate easily: Email works perfectly with every other online marketing channel. You can easily turn a high-performing blog post into an email message or trigger an email based on what a visitor does on your website.
- Segment effectively: You can use software tools to segment your email recipients based on their previous action or their position in the buying cycle. That’s why it offers a high conversion rate.
- Monitor what recipients do: Email marketing software allows you to know whether your prospect has opened the mail you sent and if they have clicked on a link or taken the desired action.
- Employ variety: Use various formats to entice your audience to take action. You can offer discount coupons, send links to more information or even insert scripts and call-to-action buttons.
How to Use Email Marketing for Your Business
Here are some email marketing tips you can adopt to get better conversions:
- Build an opt-in list. Don’t buy email lists, because you’ll be sending unsolicited emails, which is the quickest way to be labeled a spammer.
- Follow anti-spam rules. Don’t use a deceptive subject line. Provide a way for recipients to unsubscribe, and show your name and address at the end of the mail.
- Cultivate a relationship with your audience by sharing your expertise or providing valuable information that will help them solve their problems.
- Use email messages to drive traffic to important posts and articles on your website that can take them closer to making a purchase.
- Answer email inquiries promptly.
For more information on how to use email marketing for your business, contact us today. At Platinum Marketing Group, we provide marketing consulting services for both digital and traditional marketing campaigns, and we have a focus on increasing your conversions and growing your business.